If you have been following my blog, you would have read that I had gotten some cotton yarn from my aunt who used to crochet. You might call me a silly-billy for saying this but I really did not know what I could do with the cotton yarn since I crochet mostly amigurumi.
So when the test thread for the gorgeous April Tissue Case hit the Free Pattern Testers group on Ravelry, I knew I had found my use for the cotton yarn. I signed up to test and making the tissue case was a really rewarding experience.
My first April Tissue Case ended up looking like a lipstick case instead because I had used my 1.75mm hook instead of the bigger sized one as required in the pattern.
However, after some adjustments here and there, I managed to crochet a case that could fit a tissue packet.
I am extremely happy with the tissue case especially since it is one of my “rare” non-amigurumi projects. It is a different sort of euphoria to be able to crochet something that is usable in daily life.
This is the back part of the tissue case.
I really adore the details on the tissue case. The shell stitches are awesome!
Now, I’m tempted to get more cotton yarn. Dang! I can see all my money flying away.
Till the next project. xoxo